Wednesday, February 23

Bam Broon.

I'm by no means wealthy, but during these cold winter months, since it's too cold to take my scooter to work, and taking the bus is something I am not too fond of doing, I indulge by taking a car service to and fro. The car service rocks. Its not too pricey, they are almost dependable and they almost always know where I need to go when I call them in the morning. When I started using the service, I would get in the car, and say, very clearly and loudly (over the blaring spanish morning radio show 'El Vacilon') "Van Brunt Street... In Red Hook". About 90% of the time, they would either look in their rear view mirror, or just turn around with a quizzical look on their face. At first, I would repeat myself until they got it, I'd know this beacuse they would always say "Aaah, Bam Broon!" But now, I just say "Bam Broon" when I step into the car. It shaves off a few seconds of travel time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Francesco said...

Racist.

February 24, 2005 at 11:58 AM  
Blogger Francesco said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

February 24, 2005 at 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home